ANU MEMBERSHIP FAQ
ELIGIBILITY AND APPLICATION PROCESS QUESTIONS
WHAT ARE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
To qualify for sponsorship, applicants must be a person of at least 18 years of age and of good character. Applications must also be completed (i.e., all questions answered fully) upon submission.
TELL ME ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS?
- Applications are submitted online via the ALGM website.
- Men should apply through the ANU Man page of the website, and Wombmyn should apply via the ANU Womb page.
- Save at least 20 min to complete the online portion of the application process.
- Once the online application is complete and submitted, applicants will receive a notice that their application has been received.
- Applications are reviewed within 1 strong (1 calendar week) of receipt upon which applicants will be contacted to schedule a virtual interview.
- Interviews are scheduled on the 1st and 2nd Monday of the month.
- Applicants will be scheduled for the first available time slot following review of application.
- Interviews are 30 minutes long.
HOW WILL I BE CONTACTED?
During the completion of the online form, applicants will be provided options for communication – phone, email or text. Depending on your mobile services, standard messaging and data rates may apply. Upon confirmation of the interview time and day, a link will be shared with the applicant that allos entry into the virtual call.
WHAT ARE RECOMMENDATIONS TO PREPARE FOR THE INTERVIEW?
- Complete Online Application. The applicant should complete the entire online form. Be specific and detailed. Blank entries speak volumes – make sure it’s your words that back up your actions.
- The applicant should make sure that they have ability to log into the provided virtual conference call software.
- Be On Time. If there is a scheduling issue, please alert your interviewers with ample time to reschedule. NOTE: rescheduling may not be guaranteed.
- Be Honest. ANU is about reformation. The only way to reform and burn away old habits is to be honest about what they are and why you.
- Be Yourself. Authenticity is key to having community. This process is for members to discern who you really are and whether what is on paper is true in person. Being authentic also allows us all to pinpoint what needs to be reformed.
WHAT IS SPONSORSHIP IN ANU?
Following the interview, if an applicant is approved as a candidate they will be paired with a current ANU member (a primary sponsor) who will be responsible in guiding them through the ANU membership orientation process. Applicants should note that while an interview may be granted, sponsorship is not guaranteed
HOW IS SUITABILITY FOR SPONSORSHIP DETERMINED?
A suitable candidate for sponsorship will demonstrate:
- Honest responses in online application form
- Integrity and authenticity during the interview process. Answering crucial questions and providing clarity to responses provided in online application form.
- Accountability of ones actions and choices.
- Preliminary understanding of ANU culture.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR SPONSORSHIP/ORIENTATION?
- Download and read The ANU Way, Foundations Vol 1
- Obtain a copy of The 14 Keys by Chief Yuya
- Ensure time can be cleared on your schedule to dedicate time to orientation activities on a weekly basis.
HOW LONG IS ORIENTATION AND WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
- Orientation takes place over a period of 7 – 14 weeks
- Candidates will engage in an intensive review and study of The 14 Keys by Chief Yuya
- Sponsors will schedule weekly calls with candidates
DO I HAVE TO RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP?
Membership does not need to be renewed.
ARE THERE MEMBERSHIP DUES/FEES?
ANU membership is free of charge. Members and non-members alike are free to give offerings that help to fund our ministry work and member retreats.
CAN I ATTEND ANU RETREATS IF I AM NOT A MEMBER?
Currently, our seasonal (Solstice and Equinox) retreats are exclusive to ANU members. Upcoming retreats planned for GHANA or other events aimed at the Diaspora will be open to the public.
CAN MY SPOUSE/MATE JOIN ANU?
Married couples and families are encouraged to join ANU together! Men and wombmyn must still join via the respective ministries as mentioned above. If a married applicant submits and application without their spouse/mate an interview may still be granted however sponsorship is not guaranteed.